WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Monday, January 4, 2010

This and That: New Year, New Blog Look









Greetings 2010!

I cannot believe that it is already 2010. I remember all the hoopla surrounding the turn into "the millenium", all the panic about being "Y2K ready" and how many people thought the world would shut down!  I wasn't one of those people; I was having a great time at a great big party. I was 29 going on 30 in the year 2000 and I was single and carefree!

Fast forward to 2010; I am now 39 going on 40 (depressing!), but the decade was pretty good to me. I met my wonderful husband 2003, we bought our first house in Oct 2006, and had a beautiful wedding in spring 2007. I still look pretty good and feel as young as ever and I have many wonderful friends and a loving family. What more could a gal ask for?

For some people who have been checking out my blog since I started it in 2008, you may notice I have changed some things in the last week; the look and the name mostly. I've added a few blog events that I am excited to participate in, so I hope more folks may join me in this new blogging year.  I've also added a playlist with some pretty classical songs that I love: two of them I used at my wedding. The incomparable Prelude to The Unaccompanied Cello Suite No.1 in G Minor, by Johann S.Bach., which was the song for my bridesmaids' processional, and also Boccherini's La Musica Notturna delle Strade de Madrid No.6 Op.30, which was used for the Recessional. We did not use the entire song, since it is quite long, but the string quartet we hired did a great job in using a section of the piece, which is much shorter, and which is also included in the playlist, for those of you curious to know!  The other songs include two by Mozart, who has been my favorite composer since I was a teenager, one of them a Clarinet Concerto (I played clarinet many moons ago!) and also a piano piece called "Dawn" from the most recent Pride & Prejudice movie. As a complete and total Jane Austen fan, it seemed fitting to include it!
Thanks for reading and see you soon!

No comments: