WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Friday, January 11, 2013

Winter Wonderland Project

Last year I meant to do this project for Christmas but ran out of time to put it up, but I found some time this year, however.........


I call it the "Winter Wonderland". I suppose, because of the icicles, that's what it reminds me of.


The glass icicles I bought two years ago at an after-Christmas sale for a steal. The silver "twists" I also bought at the same time. The "snowy" branches and other sparkly elements I already had from when I did my White Birds and Snowflakes theme tree in 2010. Some previous owner of our house had put some small nails in the molding above the large mirror over the parlour fireplace mantel, so I used some floral wire and wired everything together and attached the whole thing to the nails. Then I used some white thread in different lengths to hang the icicles from ornament hooks, and added a short string of white lights to it.
It was a little difficult to hang up, mostly because we have 10 and a half foot ceilings, so I had to get out the big ladder to be able to reach that high, and it was awkward.  It turned out so pretty though!

I also can't resist sharing some of my photos that I edited with my new photo editing software, Lightroom.



Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Katie, Your winter wonderland looks wonderful and I think it is a really neat decor.

God bless and may your new year be oh so awesome,
d on the prairie

Tanya said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Katie - it IS a winter wonderland! Simply breathtaking, girl! XOXOXO

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Katie, it all looks so beautiful! Love the icicles hanging over the mirror! How nice to have such high ceilings! Gina

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Katie,
Simply Stunning!! The mantle looks fantastic!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Betsy said...

will you be posting to this site again in the future?
betsy