WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Friday, July 10, 2009

Today's Spotlight On: 2009 Summer Solstice Garden Tour


At the end of June, E and I purchased some tickets to attend the Summer Solstice Garden Tour that was in our area. The sales of the tickets went to benefit the Waukesha Symphony Orchestra. There were about 9 houses on the Garden Tour. Here are a few pictures I took:

This was a cute walkway along the side of one house; both sides filled with hosta. I liked how they had urn planters with colorful impatiens set amongst the hosta plants for interest.

















E was kind enough to pose in this picture at the end of the walkway. The building behind him
was a cute garden house in the back yard. Apparently, it's use was for storing lawn and garden implements and other storage, but it looked nice enough to be used as a cottage or guest house.


















Another view of the garden house and also the pretty wrought iron arbor that led to the back yard. I wish I had taken more pictures of it, but the home owners were there and I wasn't sure if they would be ok with folks photographing their yard in a crazy fashion!
They had beautiful deck with gorgeous outdoor furniture, a koi pond, a frog pond and many fountains and arbors and decorative statues. I was very envious!!


No comments: