WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Lamp for the Hall Table

I mentioned in my last post that I did a little post-holiday sale shopping during my vacation from work. In addition to buying ornaments for next year's theme tree ( and a couple of Christmas gifts for next year) I also spotted a sweet little lamp at the same place I bought all my Christmas ornaments. I also noticed that all lamps and lighting were advertised as being 20 % off, so the sweet little lamp came home with me.


With the recent addition of the spinet piano in our front hall, we needed to do some re-arranging and this hall table, formerly next to the front doors, is now occupying a space next to the staircase. I had wanted to put a small lamp on this table for a long time, but the lack of any nearby electrical outlets in it's former location had rendered the search and purchase of a lamp to be somewhat pointless. With a move to a new location, the   problem was solved; I could now have a lamp.


I liked the classical urn shaped base of the lamp, and the cream and pale gold colored damask pattern shade, with bead droplet trim; it seemed to match the colors of the hallway perfectly and it looked very pretty as well. And at 20% off, it was practically a steal!

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

5 comments:

The Lazy Peacock said...

beautiful lamp, and i really, really love that beautiful peacock!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your lamp is gorgeous. Love the urn shape and the shade is lovely. Such a beautiful grouping of frames also. Love them. Gorgeous vignette. Hugs, Marty

Heather said...

What a pretty lamp, and the peacock is beautiful too! Both fit perfectly with your victorian home!

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

I love the lamp! The urn form is so elegant. It goes really nicely with your peacock!

-Pam

Tootsie said...

I just found your blog and I must say I wish I had found it sooner! I love your style! I am going to add you to the blogs I follow...One day when you get a chance, pop by and visit...I do a lot of gardening, and interior decor posts...and some trash to treasure too!