WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Monday, May 16, 2011

Outdoor Wednesday: May Flowers





"What the bee is to the floweret,

When he looks for honey-dew,
Through the leaves that close embower it,
That, my love, I'll be to you.

She. --


What the bank, with verdure glowing,
Is to waves that wander near,
Whispering kisses, while they're going,
That I'll be to you, my dear.


She. --


But they say, the bee's a rover,
Who will fly, when sweets are gone,
And, when once the kiss is over,
Faithless brooks will wander on.


He. --


Nay, if flowers will lose their looks
If sunny banks will wear away,
'Tis but right that bees and brooks
Should sip and kiss them, while they may. "--Thomas Moore, What the Bee is to the Floweret


dicentra spectabilis










I'll be joining A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday!



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Oh how pretty! love the bleeding hearts...mine did not come up this year

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Katie,
Lovely Tulips:-) My favorites are the first ruffled ones :-)
Hugs,
Bella

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Katie, your bleeding hearts and tulips are so pretty! My tulips all died out over the years and I never replaced them. Yours are so beautiful, they make me want to buy more!