WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Thursday, January 15, 2009

After Christmas Sales--Woohoo!


I recently got a really great deal on some holiday decor during an after-Christmas sale at Stein's Garden & Gifts. I've always had the well-meant desire to go shopping after Christmas and gorge myself on cheap deals on wrapping paper and Christmas ribbon, but somehow, when the holidays are over, I'm so over the holidays, that I can't bear to think about them anymore, much less shop for holiday stuff.

However........last year, E and I bought a new fake Christmas tree to replace the teeny one that I had since my apartment days. Our new tree is 10 feet tall and came pre-lighted. (It's awesome!) Above is a picture of our tree from this year. My old tree, all 5 feet of it, has been languishing in a box in the attic for the last two Christmases. Instead of getting rid of it, I decided that I might put it to use in another room and that I could decorate it differently each year, just for fun.
But how to buy Christmas ornaments for a second tree without spending way too much money on such a useless and un-necessary extravagance???? Why, hit the after-Christmas sales, that's how!!

I didn't get a chance last year to do this, so I decided to try again this year. Then, the whole week following Christmas, I was ill with the dreaded rotovirus, more commonly known as the 'stomach flu'. It was not pleasant or pretty. I feared I had missed all the sweet deals.

But alas! I had not. On a chance, stopping in Stein's to look for a UV lamp 2 1/2 weeks after the holidays, E and I were astonished to see aisle after aisle of Christmas decor, marked down after Christmas, now marked down again, 85% off!! With barely supressed glee, I filled a shopping cart with ornaments for $1.00 and beautiful garlands for $0.74. I decided that my first 'theme' tree for next year will be all in gold, copper and bronze colors, with apple green, so I snapped up anything I could find in those colors.

The result : Plenty of stuff for my second tree next year. According to the original prices, it would have been about $200.00 worth of stuff. My price after markdown for everything: $29.00!!!!!!!
SWEET!

No comments: