WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Wednesday, April 28, 2010

White Wednesday: My (Mostly) White Bath

Today I thought I would join Kathleen at Faded Charm for her White Wednesday Blog Event!



Our upstairs bathroom is mostly white....there are some blue walls above the beadboard wainscoting
And some blue mosaic tiles on the floor......
I wanted the bathroom to have a relaxing, spa-like feel....so I used mostly white in the decor, but I also wanted it to look vintage and cottage/shabby. I  lightly spray painted this light green metal floral bucket with white paint and then added a large bunch of silk roses that I bought for $1 each.

The white shower curtain is from Crate & Barrel and has a pretty rectangular block texture. The fleur-de-lis curtain hooks are from Bed, Bath & Beyond.
This white metal towel stand displays two pretty vintage guest towels that were a recent purchase.
My mother-in-law bought this, I think it was at a rummage sale, but then decided she couldn't use it and it made it's way into my house. The white paint is chippy and it's sort of rusty, but I left it as is because I think it looks better that way!
A white cutwork embroidery roller shade for the window.
(This picture is crooked, not the shade! LOL!)  

Thanks for joining me!

7 comments:

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Katie, Lovely bathroom... I always love wainscoting! Your new guest towels are gorgeous! I am so addicted to guest towels... they make me love to iron & starch:-)
Bella

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely delightful! full of charm! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place when you get a moment. I have become a follower and would be honored if you choose to the same! until later...

Crystal said...

The bucket with flowers and vintage linens are my favorites! Very Pretty!
Crystal

Tanya said...

Beautiful blog - beautiful house! Vegas is such a "new" town (1950's), that I miss the character of the older places...AND the green in the gardens! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Tanya

Alaina said...

Lovely, lovely whites. I bet you enjoy being it that room. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Katie,
Just beautiful and I love the shade!
Debbie

The Rustic Victorian said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. I have the same hooks for the shower curtian! The shade is perfect.
Love
Marcie