WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Thursday, April 15, 2010

Crafty Things/Show and Tell Friday: Simple Sewing Project Pillow #2

Here's the second pillow cover I made. It turned out very pretty!
To read about this project and see Pillow #1, click HERE.
I will also be linking this up to Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home.


Here's what I started out with; these two pillows came with my free wing chairs. They are pretty, but I wanted to make new covers that would match my bedroom colors.
I conquered my fear of sewing to make simple covers using discontinued fabric samples that I bought for $1.00. They were just the right size to fit these pillows, with only a little bit of measuring and cutting needed.

This was the fabric I chose for pillow #2.

My supplies. The rolls of white and off-white tulle I already had in my craft closet, same for the blue ribbon.

Here's pillow #2, front side.

Back side of pillow #2.

And the finished pillow cover after I "fancied" it up!

I spent $4.00 for the four pieces of fabric squares ( a front and back for each pillow). The jewelry charms were each $3.00. The tulle and ribbon I already had, and the pillows themselves were free.
Total spent: $10.00 for two pretty pillows for my bed!

Thanks for joining me!

8 comments:

Marigene said...

Those are darling little pillows, Katie...sure can't beat the price, either.

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Katie.. your pillows are gorgeous. You did a great job!
I have discovered you are binge blogging and I have missed a ton of posts.. I have to go catch up :-)
Bella

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

your pillows are lovely.. job well done! :-)

Crystal said...

Oh it looks so good!!!! Great idea!

Victoria said...

Wow, what a darling little pillow..I love the bow!

Anita Diaz said...

Love what you did! I think that is the absolute best way to get a quick change too when you want. Beautiful!!

The Victorian Parlor said...

The pillows are gorgeous! You did a great job:).

Blessings,

Kim

ali said...

beautiful! not only pillows, but the entire blog, you are so creative!