WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Friday, April 2, 2010

Show & Tell Friday: Early Anniversary Present

It's Friday! Which means that it's time for Show and Tell Friday, hosted by Cindy at My Romantic Home!

This week I'm going to show off my anniversary present from my husband. Technically, our anniversary isn't until April 27 th and usually we don't even exchange gifts, but my darling husband couldn't resist buying me something that I had recently admired on Nieman Marcus' website.

I got an entire set of very beautiful silver-plate formal silverware!
The pattern is called Baroque, made by Godinger. Very ornate and very formal! I love it!
It's a five piece set, service for twelve, but it also came with 12 extra salad/dessert forks and 12 extra teaspoon/dessert spoons. It was a really great price; Nieman Marcus had this entire set on special.
I was lamenting the fact that my "formal" flatware, my Oneida "Morning Blossom" was incomplete (I only have service for 8, but  my china service is for 12) and that while it's very pretty, it's stainless and not very formal. This set, however, is very formal and very fancy!
Plus, I got so many extra spoons and forks! Now I will never run out!
This set on special also came with service pieces. I got a gravy ladle, a sugar spoon, two pierced serving spoons, two regular serving spoons, and two serving forks!

I also wanted to show some glasses I found recently on eBay.

I was told these are called 'Recollection Blue' by Indiana Glass Co. They are reproduction depression glass, so not vintage...but I thought the pattern was pretty and I love the blue color. All of my glasses are clear; I really wanted some colored glasses to go with my blue and white transferware that I am slowly collecting.

Thanks for joining me today !

6 comments:

Susan said...

What a beautiful adversary gift!! I love how ornate the silver is, how precious.

Niki said...

Love the silverware...I have been thinking lately that silverware might be on my wishlist soon. Love the blue glasses too.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Really nice silverware, what a treasure. And what a fun to decorate it on the Tablescape-Thursdays.

Victoria said...

Oh wow, absolutely beautiful! Your hubby did good:)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Katie,
OMG!!! What a beautiful gift!! And I adore those pretty blue glasses!!
Debbie

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi, This is a great gift! The silverware is gorgeous... such great detailing! Happy Early Anniversary! Bella