WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tablescape Thursday: Wedding Anniversary Dinner

Thanks for joining me for another Tablescape Thursday, hosted by Susan at Between Naps on The Porch!

As some of my followers already know, yesterday was the hubby's and my 3rd wedding anniversary. Since it was Tuesday night, we didn't really have much exciting planned for the evening, but I did put together a lovely tablescape for our dinner using our wedding colors and other things wedding-related.

Erik is one of those husbands who likes to buy me flowers; and not just for our anniversary. I usually get flowers on my birthday, on holidays, just-because.....I even got flowers after I had LASIK eye surgery. (I got flowers and a sub sandwich for when I woke up from my post-op Valium-induced 8 hrs of sleep; how sweet!)
I set the table for two, using the flowers he bought for me and also one of our silver candleabra with green candles.
Our wedding colors were lavender and  celadon green, so I used my round green quilted place mats, my good Noritake china and vintage linen napkins, tied with lavender ribbon. I tucked a couple faux flowers that I removed from the flower arrangement that was in a white metal birdcage on top of our card box (click HERE). These are the same flowers that  I used in my wedding bouquets.
Naturally, my new silver flatware is on the table!

These are the toasting glasses that I bought at a Renaissance Faire we often go to. I saw them the summer before we got engaged and made a mental note to myself that they would be beautiful as toasting glasses for a wedding. I went back the next year to buy them after we were engaged.(I also bought my wedding jewelry there; it was beautiful!) The base of each glass is a pewter peacock (of course!). We had these on our table at the wedding reception.
When the peacocks are put together like this, they form the shape of a heart! Awwww! They also have pretty colored glass in their tails.
Our cake topper from our wedding cake is also forming part of the centerpiece. I also made this cake topper, in addition to the wedding bouquets. I love the two green birds on top; they are so sweet.
This is a picture of our wedding cake (from the side). Our wedding cake was awesome. Several people couldn't believe it was a real cake, since the frosting was so perfect. We had white cake with a raspberry mousse filling and also two layers that were chocolate cake with a cheesecake middle. Yum!

We're going to have cheesecake for dessert, so I brought out our cake knife and server that I had bought for the wedding. Our names and wedding date is engraved on the knife.
I made a Caesar salad to go with our dinner (we had lasagna and also crusty breadsticks brushed with basil and a basil/pesto grapeseed oil I bought from Wildtree.)


Our wedding anniversary dinner wouldn't be complete without a wedding picture on the table!
With the candles lit. Almost time for dinner!
My mother-in-law had made a delicious cheesecake and brought over half of it for us to enjoy, so we had a wonderful dessert ready to go in the refrigerator.

This was our wedding day "tablescape". Instead of a large table for the wedding party, we did a "sweetheart table" for just Erik and me. We liked the idea of letting our wedding party sit with their spouses with the rest of the guests. I made this flower arrangement also.

Thanks for joining me tonight!

19 comments:

Anita Diaz said...

Lovely and SO romantic!! What a beautiful anniversary you two must have had. Love all the beautiful details...the china, the florals, everything! Happy Anniversary!!

Martha said...

Happy Anniversary. What a beautiful romantic table!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Every detail is perfect so sweet so romantic! The peacock glasses forming a heart is priceless!! You have a great eye for detail!
Bella

Olga Poltava said...

OMG, how romantic. Beautiful colors and gorgeous items. Happy anniversary!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Absolutely gorgeous! So romantic and elegant, love the colors! The toasting glasses are wonderful! Great post!

Happy Anniversary!

Katherine

Debby said...

I love reading and seeing your beautiful post. Gorgeous table! Happy Anniversary!
Debby

Tina Dalgren said...

Um yeah. JEALOUS!!!! My anniversary consisted of me eating leftover soup out of a styrofoam container on the couch. I didn't even get flowers :( Ugh.

Susanne said...

Happy anniversary, looks like the start of a very romantic evening. Love all the touches from your wedding.
Susanne.

Lori Lucas said...

This is just beautiful. I love how you created such a romantic tablescape and intertwined your story in as well. Thanks. Lori

Marigene said...

Wow, what a beautiful romantic table. Your wedding china is so pretty, love those toasting glasses.
Happy Anniversary Katie and Erik and many, many more!

Tricia said...

Lovely and romantic, indeed! I know you enjoyed putting together this table for such a special occasion, and I'm sure your husband appreciated it, too! Best wishes for many more years of happiness!

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

Happy anniversary to you, Katie and your better half! Your table is so romantic and beautiful. I love the scalloped edges on your china and the many details from your wedding.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi, your table looks just gogeous. I would love to try your yummy cheesecake.
Greetings, Johanna

Julio Muao said...

Hi!

I've been quickly admiring everyone's tables at Tablescape Thursdays without leaving a comment due to time constraints(3 year old)however, I just had to post a happy anniversary to you and compliment you on the beautiful stemware,flowers and cake topper. Thank you for sharing.

Beth said...

Your toasting glasses are unique and special. Your table is really pretty. Love the lace tablecloth, your flowers, the candles and candleabra. Your china is absolutely stunning!
Happy Anniversary!
Beth

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Katie,
I am speechlees!! Your anniversary tablescape is breath taking! The toasting glasses are like none I have never seen before and I am drooling over that tablecloth!!
Simply a tablescape to die for!
Debbie

Miss Merry said...

Your china is so lovely and your toasting glasses are amazing! What a pretty table.

Americana Lady said...

How lovely! The toasting glasses are very special! So much I liked: your wedding colors, china, and flatware. You are lucky to be lavished in flowers! Sounds like a keeper to me. Joan

The Rustic Victorian said...

What beauty, thank you for sharing your romance, many, many more years of happiness for you.
Love
marcie