WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Simple Supper Setting...

I have a pretty table put together for this week's upcoming Tablescape Thursday, but I also took a couple of pictures of the simple setting I did this evening for our dinner just to show how easy it is to make a pretty table, even if it's not a special occasion!

Our kitchen faces west; so we have the setting sun coming across the table. It's sort of annoying sometimes.

I found the blue toile fabric square at JoAnn's in the remnant bin. I thought it would be pretty to put under a centerpiece. For $2, I couldn't resist.
The square napkin with the chicken on it is a paper napkin. I bought a couple packs of patterned paper napkins for $1.99 recently at TJMaxx. We use both paper and linen napkins in this house equally. I liked the blue and yellow colors and thought how cute they would look paired with my antique ironstone blue transferware.
I also got a chance to use my blue footed iced tea/beverage glasses that were a recent purchase on eBay. Tonight we're eating at the small table in our kitchen. We eat at this table for breakfast and about half the time for dinner. The other half of the time we use the dining room.
We're having teriyaki chicken, green beans and these delicious buttered rosemary rolls. I love these rolls. I could eat this whole pan myself! I got the recipe from Pioneer Woman, HERE. Of course, hers are baked in a cool old-fashioned iron skillet (which I don't have) and hers for some reason get more brown than mine. (I also didn't have enough time to let mine rise so that they got really big, but they were still delish!) Try them!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Marigene said...

Love your blue and white table, Katie...cute rooster napkins.

xinex said...

I love blue and white and you are right, the table is very pretty even for a simple dinner....Christine

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Katie... You always set a lovely table! I love your blue transferware, perfect with the roosters! The rosemary rolls look delicious.. I printed the recipe, It will have to wait though, I need to diet!
Bella

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi,
one day I will start a collection of transferware, I guess. I really wasn't a fan of that but when I see all the nice tables with transferware, I become convinced. Yoour tablesetting is very nice. I love the paper napkins for it perfect match to the szene. That looks so lovely alltogether.
Greetings, Johanna

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Such a darling tablescape!!

I am becoming a big fan of Blue and White!!

Hugs,
Debbie