WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Food: Yummy Summer Salad

I've always loved fresh, crisp summer greens. As a young girl, I used to wander into our family's huge garden and nibble on anything edible. Nothing tasted better than crunching up fresh, sweet peas in the pod right off the vine!  With the opening of the local farmer's market last weekend, I could hardly wait to avail myself of some delicious fresh produce. Here's a recipe for one of my favorite summer salads. 1 cup of arugula  (or any greens that you prefer) 2 thinly sliced tomato slices, 5 thin slices of red onion, 2 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons of pine nuts dressed with 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Yum! A perfect summer lunch! For those who are calorie conscious, this surprisingly filling salad has less than 400 calories and makes a great meal replacement.
Mangia!

No comments: