WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Friday, November 13, 2009

All Hallow's Eve

Yes, I realize that I am about 2 weeks late posting some pictures I took Halloween night, but I have been extremely stressed and busy lately with my mother who is currently very ill and is hospitalized. Suffice to say that she is making improvements daily and we are feeling very positive right now for her recovery, which makes me very happy and has also allowed me to feel okay with doing "frivolous" things, like writing in my blog.


Caramel apples I made, perched on my new cake pedestal!
We hosted a Scary Game Night at our house, so I made some snacks and we had some drinks as well.
Besides the caramel apples, I had cupcakes, spiced hermit cookies, chips and dip, BBQ cocktail wienies, puff pastry pumpkins filled with Gruyere and Parmesan cheese, and bone-shaped  warm rolls with pizza dipping sauce.






















The set-up on the sideboard of the desserts, complete with a lighted 'funkin'.







Below is my cupcakes and spiced hermits on a 3-tiered stand. Mmm!

This delicious and spooky looking appetizer I called "Sinister Sludge", but it's actually a guacamole and black bean dip with blue-corn tortilla chips. The dip holder is a black cauldron and three circling ghost dishes hold the chips. They sit on an orange wooden tray that spins! Genius! It was a birthday gift from my mother-in-law.


Here's some pictures of my front porch and the pumpkins I carved. The jack o' lanterns with faces are funkins that I 'carved' and re-use every year. The other two, with the skull and the rats, are real pumpkins that I carved the day before Halloween so they would be really fresh. So this was my spooky display for the trick-or-treaters (and everyone else) to enjoy!









Sorry for the blurriness; my camera has been having trouble with pictures in low or night time lighting and if I use the flash, it's too washed out. I have to play around with the settings I think.












And last, but not least, I took this picture of this adorable chair that was also a gift from my mother-in-law. She came across this chair at an antique store, I think. It's an old wooden chair that somebody painted black and then painted a pumpkin on the seat. I made this cute little vignette in the front hall using the chair.


No comments: