WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rockin' Out with the band........

My hubby has been in many different types of bands over the years; he's a drummer and has been playing the drums since I think he was probably about twelve or thereabouts. The latest band that he formed with some of his other musically inclined friends is called Stoneship Eden, a classic 70s rock cover band. They've been together for about 3 years now and play out fairly regularly. As part of the "70s experience", they also wear 70s clothing. Some of the clothes are actual vintage 1970s, some are Goodwill finds that have been altered or modified to be in the 70s style. (For instance, we found a pair of tan corduroy pants and a pair of jeans at Goodwill for $7 each and I made them into bellbottoms by tearing open the leg seams and adding fabric to create big bells).
I got some groovy pictures of my hubby at the band's latest show on January 23rd!


Note the super cool hologram-like orange drums!


Like any 1970s concert-style rock band, they have a large band, with 7 members ( 5 guys and 2 girls). For those big 1970s harmonies, they all do vocals. They also trade off on lead vocals; Erik sings lead vocals on several songs.






His shirt is actually vintage late 1960s; the denim vest was bought at Farm & Fleet, to which I added some groovy iron-ons and some beads. I found the gold medallion (with Buddha on it) at a flea market for $1 and the other one, wood beads with a peace sign, I made myself!  He's also wearing the corduroy bellbottoms I made. And yes, that is his real hair! My hubby is a rocker dude and he has long hair and tattoos; but he also shares my love for antiques and Victorian decor. Go figure!!

No comments: