WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Outdoor Wednesday: Roses & More!

Even though today is officially the first day of summer, we have been watching thunderstorms come and go all day here in Wisconsin. Not a very auspicious start to summer!

A few days ago, when we had sunny weather for a change, I looked out one of the parlour windows and through the lace curtains could see some of my climbing roses. It looked so pretty!





These roses grow on a trellis right outside this window. We had to add some more trellis for it and I'm hoping to train them around this window.



Elsewhere in my garden, we have some blooms in my sun garden, which I also sometimes call the 'hot garden' because most of the flowers  in it are bright, "hot", colors.







There's even more of these Red Storm Asiatic lilies blooming now. Soon these will be joined by red bee balm and orange asclepsia.

In the front of the house, a sea of maiden pinks are in bloom............


I did finally decide what to plant in my new big urn planters. Red begonias (called Go-Go Cherry!) and some vinca vine.

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be joining A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Katie,
The views from both inside and outside your home is just stunning!

Your flowers are really pretty and seem to be thriving!!
If you have time , please stop by to see my porch and patio!

Hugs,
Dbebie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

what a great view from your window!

Heather said...

Ooh, your roses make for a lovely view! What a beautiful garden you have!

Rosa B. said...

What lovely floral shots you took! Very nice!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Wow! You've got some gorgeous flowers blooming. Those pics from the inside, through the lace, are sooooo pretty!

Totally random...but I love your hair in that second photo down, on your left sidebar! It looks so pretty.

Nancy

niartist said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love all of the photos - and so artistic! I came by via Susan's party, but I missed it myself. I took pics of my pergola all dressed up this afternoon (with the 2 hour lull in the rain), and I REALLY hope you'll stop by and take a peak, and let me know what you think of the progress! :)
xo,
A

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Wow, what gorgeous flowers you have in bloom right now! Our big "burst" of color has kinda faded for now... I may need some more bloomers for this time of season! I'm loving those maiden pinks. Maybe I'll try some next year!

-Pam

Jacqueline said...

Such great blossoms in your garden, they are all so robust and healthy. I love your images looking out through the lovely lacy curtains, so fanciful. Aren't flowers just a wonder?

Pam Kessler said...

I love the lilies. Those are making a beautiful showing. I'm sort of in the lull between the peonies and the hydrangea right now, so it's pretty much just annuals in bloom.