WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Saturday, January 28, 2012

Food: Cinnamon & Sugar Glazed Orange Knots



I had some Rhodes frozen roll dough in my freezer that I was wondering what to do with (besides making just plain rolls)  and just happened to come across this recipe on Pinterest. Yum! They were quite delicious.

                                            12 Rhodes Texas Rolls (thawed, but still cold)
                                            1 medium orange rind, grated
                                            1/2 cup sugar
                                            1 tsp. cinnamon
                                            1/4 cup butter, melted

                                             Citrus Glaze:
                                             1 cup powdered sugar
                                             1 tablespoon butter, melted
                                             3 tablespoons orange juice
                                             1 tsp. vanilla extract.

              Mix grated orange rind with melted butter. Roll each thawed Texas roll into a 9 inch rope and tie in a loose knot. Roll each knot in melted butter, then in cinnamon and sugar mixtures. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover with a clean towel or plastic wrap sprayed with Pam and place in a warm area to rise until rolls are double in size.
               Bake at 350 degrees for 15 or 20 minutes until golden brown. Brush with citrus glaze while still slightly warm. I only had about six roll in my freezer, so I did a half-recipe. I also didn't have the Texas rolls, just the regular sized ones but they worked just as well. They were a nice addition to our breakfast table!

                                                        Thanks for stopping by!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pam Kessler said...

I am determined to start a diet tomorrow, so now all I can see are your rolls. They look awesome. Maybe I can make them as a treat after I lose 10 pounds.