WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Monday, February 6, 2012

Hearts Abound

Hi everyone!
With Valentine's Day looming on the horizon, I found a couple of cute ways to add some LOVE to some everyday recipes!



Instead of making "regular" peanut butter blossoms with Hershey's Kisses, use heart-shaped chocolates, like Dove chocolates. I actually used Hershey's Bliss heart-shaped dark chocolates in these peanut butter cookies. Erik is a really big fan of dark chocolate.


Mmmmm!




Another favorite treat of ours for breakfast; eggs in a basket!
           Here I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the center of some wheat bread (instead of a circle) for the egg. It was a fun surprise on Erik's plate when he sat down. He said, "Hey! It's a HEART! Awwww! How cuuuuute!" (Yes, that is exactly how he said it. Ha!)

                     What fun things can you think of to add some LOVE to?

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

I might have to steal your heart egg idea. Very cute. Plus it looks yummy!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Katie,
you have really great ideas to make sweet heart things without big efforts. Thank you for sharing. I bet, you got a kiss for the cute eggtoasts.
Best greetings, Johanna

Heather said...

I just love Valentine's day, and these are two particularly cute ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I also love the heart eggs for my Breakfast this is a Beautiful Idea for Valentines Day. I love coming over to see you sweet lady.
I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Valentine's Day Tablescape so sweet of you.
I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane