WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Friday, February 10, 2012

I Love a Good Sale!


A couple of weeks ago my sister told me that Boston Store was having a big January sale....their annual "Yellow Dot Sale", and she mentioned that all their bedding was 70% off the already marked down sale price. She had stocked up on new sheets and flannel sheets for her whole household but had decided to get some more.

We were meeting up with my mom and other sister to go see a play, but they were running late, so we took the opportunity to kill some time by going to Boston Store.

I, of course, being a bedding freak, was in heaven when I saw that they had many beautiful quilts, all of them on sale as well!!


I found this beautiful cream-colored quilt with blue embroidery. The queen size quilt was originally about $200.00, marked down to $149.00 but then it was 70% off the markdown price, so I only had to pay $45 for this quilt!!  w00t-w00t!!!!!!


So pretty!!  I'd been looking for a pretty quilt to add to our winter bedding for extra warmth but was always dismayed by how expensive they are. I was always keeping an eye out for a vintage one at antique stores and other places, but hadn't had any luck finding one in good shape with the right colors. This one was perfect!

........And it was also the perfect price!!


I also found this beautiful quilt, that I bought for the guest bedroom.....
I'd been looking for a vintage quilt in a similar pattern and color for several years now.....again with no luck. Then I saw this one.....and like the other quilt, it was a queen size quilt, originally priced at $200.00, marked down to $149.00, and then 70% off the markdown price....so once again, I got this lovely quilt for $45.00!!!!!!


I  took advantage of the sale to also buy some flannel sheets........
I got this fun set of red/rust and tan plaid with dogs for the guest room bed. Originally the set of sheets was about $120.00, marked down to $68.00 and with the 70% off  they came out to be about $20.00 for the set!  Can I just say "woohoo"!!!!!???


Lately I've had an obsession with crazily mixing patterns. The Victorians particularly liked patterns and colors and adornments.....they loved to mix things up; some might say almost to excess!

As you can see by my guest room bed...I have the plaid sheets, the floral duvet cover, and then my flowered quilt at the end of the bed. Some people might think this looks weird, but I can appreciate the fun and fabulousness of it. I love the fancy mixed with the homey. I suspect the Victorians did as well.

At the same sale I also purchased a set of flannel sheets for our bed ($25 after the markdown and sale price) and also another quilt for our bed......a Christmas quilt!!!! (also originally $200, which I got for $45). The flannel sheets I bought for our bed are a pretty red and white plaid, which I plan to pair with the Christmas quilt, so next Christmas I will be one of those super-cool people who have holiday bedding! The best part of that, of course, is that I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg, as my mom used to say, to have holiday bedding!
I have the Christmas bedding stored in the linen closet, so pictures will have to wait until next December!

Thanks for stopping by!
I'll be linking up to these parties:

Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

and

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage


Photobucket

7 comments:

Heaven's Walk said...

Woot woot!!!! GREAT job nabbing those deals! They truly made your bedrooms looks just gorgeous! :)

xoxo laurie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

WOW What a great sale. Your beds look so cozy I just want to jump in them! The quilt looks wonderful. Love the price...that happened to me just once when I got a Laura Ashely set that had been 300.00 for 45!

Jane said...

The quilts are beautiful! And so is your guest bed--all the patterns together are beautiful.
Jane @ Passing All Understanding

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Great deals--beautiful bedding!

victorian parlor II said...

Wow-you got some great buys! The beds all look gorgeous!!!

Blessings,

Kim

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Great finds, Katie! I absolutely adore the quilt for your bed. It goes so perfectly with the blues! Can't wait to see the Christmas bedding next winter. :-)

-Pam

Tanya said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - Swoooooooooooooonnn! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better than the quilts, you threw in the dog sheets! You are perfect, girl! Happy weekend - Tanya