WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Thursday, May 24, 2012

Crafty Things: Memorial Wreath

When most people plan their activities for Memorial Day weekend parades, picnics, barbeques and maybe even a weekend getaway or a camping trip is often part of that celebration.

Most people also remember that Memorial Day is for remembering; for remembering those who have served our country and also those who still do and honoring them and their sacrifices.


My father passed away only a couple of months ago and as a Marine who served in the Vietnam War, his stone at the cemetary will certainly get a flag, just like all the other veterans who have passed on.


But, he will also get a special honor from me, his oldest daughter, whom misses him so much




I made this special wreath to take to the cemetary this weekend to place where he rests.


I wanted it to look patriotic, but I thought the addition of the bright yellow gave it a nice pop of color and make it really stand out. 

To see a post I did last year for Memorial Day, click HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!
I will be joining Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
and Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show & Tell Friday!




Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!

Photobucket

2 comments:

fixitfaerie said...

What a special daughter you are. The wreath is a beautiful tribute. Blessing Paula

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

You did a great job on your patriotic wreath. It will look beautiful next to your father's stone at the cemetery. Thanks for sharing.