WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Friday, March 20, 2009

This and That

Today was a typical Wisconsin March day. The sun was out this morning and gave the appearance of being warm, but it was all a cruel lie. By noon the sun had disappeared behind clouds that were now hanging overhead like the world's most depressing curtain. A chill wind sprang up as well, just to make it more "pleasant".

I went to a garden center near my house to see if they had mulch out for purchase. I was the only person crazy enough to be buying garden mulch. No other patrons were outside with me. They were all inside the store, wisely, where it was warm.

Still, I felt it neccessary to work a little outside. A new planting bed that I started last fall had to be amended with compost and mulched over before stuff started growing and I had noticed just a couple of days ago that the spring flowers I planted in fall are starting to come up. I hate trying to mulch around existing plants, so I like to rake and refresh my mulch before the plants start coming up.

Officially, today is the first day of spring, but you'd never know it. On a more cheery note, E and I will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary in a little over a month. How time flies! We talked about it the other day and wondered if we would still be considered "newlyweds". Does newlywed status disappear after reaching the 1 yr mark, or is it 2 yrs? E seemed to think that you were no longer considered a newlywed after 2 yrs, but I disagreed. Nobody has said, "Hey look, it's the newlyweds!" when we came into a room in a very long time. I don't think anyone has referred to us as 'the newlyweds' since we were married about 6 months, actually.
What a gyp! 
Right now, we have no plans for our anniversary. We have little money to spend on luxuries even in the best of times and with the economy the way it is now, we are feeling the pinch a little more than usual.  I'm sure we will think of something nice to do together; we always do!
Just being together, actually, is more than enough!

Here's to Spring! I hope it gets here soon!

No comments: