WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Sunday, April 12, 2009

Today's Spotlight On: Happy Easter!

For those who celebrate, let me wish you all a blessed Easter!
Like many people, E and I spend Easter with our families. This year, like most, we went to his aunt's house for the Easter get-together. I was in charge of bringing a dessert, so I made one of my favorite desserts, a Trifle.  I make my own home-made pound cake and home-made sweet custard when I make a Trifle, because it always tastes better with home-made, in my humble opinion.  Here's a picture of my finished Trifle.


















I also decided to make some cupcakes for those who might not be a fan of mixed berries, pound cake, sweet custard and whipped cream (although who wouldn't be a fan is incomprehensible!!!) I made strawberry cupcakes with strawberry meringue buttercream frosting. I used my Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator to make the frosting all pretty and fancy, and then made these fun little spring-like picks to put in the tops.



    











I used different colors of  card stock and a 1 1/4 inch circle punch and a flower shaped punch to punch out shapes in the card stock.Then I stamped images on each one using complimentary stamp ink colors with different images from some of my favorite stamp sets. I glued toothpicks to them and stuck them in the top of each cupcake. It turned out really cute and everyone thought I was incredibly clever! I even saved the picks so that I can re-use them again.




No comments: