WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bookworm's Corner: Summer Reading Challenge

As of today, I have 12 more days to complete my Summer Reading Challenge.!


I joined up with Susan at A Southern Daydreamer (HERE) for the 2010 Summer Reading Challenge.
To see my original post and original list, click HERE.
And for an updated book list, and my progress, click HERE

Let's see how I've done so far......
Of the 10 books I had chosen, I have completed 5 of the books and I am currently reading a sixth book from the list (and hope to have it done by the deadline!).
Not bad, I guess...but I'm surprised at myself! I really thought I'd get all 10 books finished.
 *Wuthering Heights--Emily Bronte; completed
* John Adams--David McCullough; completed
*Duma Key--Stephen King; completed
* Just After Sunset--Stephen King; completed
*An Incomplete Education--Judy Jones and William Wilson; completed

To be fair to myself, I must note that I did read several other books that weren't on my actual list! I read James Fenimore Cooper's classic "The Last of the Mohicans" which I had started reading at some point in my youth and never actually finished for some reason that is unknown to me.
I also read another book called " A Book of Royal Days" by an author named David Hilliam. It's actually a book that's sort of like a historical timeline, full of factoids and other interesting stuff, with information about monarchs and wars and coronations from about the year 900 A.D. to modern times.
I bought this book at the Ren Faire we recently went to and I was so eager to read it that instead of reading books on my list, I started reading this one!

Thanks for stopping by!
How have you progressed on your summer reading???

No comments: