WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bookworm's Corner: Summer Reading Challenge Update


Hello all! I thought I'd give you an update on my Summer Reading Challenge progress.....you can click HERE to read my original post, which also includes a link back to Susan at A Southern Daydreamer, who started the reading challenge.

The reading challenge goes from June 21 to Sept 21 and I have 10 books on my list. I have made one change from my original list.
My new reading list:

*The Alienist--Caleb Carr
*Homer & Langley---E.L.Doctorow
*The Canterbury Tales---G. Chaucer
*Wuthering Heights---Emily Bronte
*Duma Key--Stephen King
*Just After Sunset---Stephen King
*Thomas Jefferson--R.B. Bernstein
*John Adams---David McCullough
*An Incomplete Education---Judy Jones and William Wilson
*George Washington's Sacred Fire---Peter Lillback

So far I have finished 'Duma Key', which I found at Half-Price Books in paperback form, and I am about 3/4 of the way finished with 'Wuthering Heights', which I also bought at Half-Price Books.  My hubby has owned 'An Incomplete Education' in hardcover for many years, so I went digging for it in the boxes of books that we both have stored in the attic and I'm about halfway through it.  Today I will be visiting the local library to pick up some others on my reading list.
One book done, two more almost done in less than 10 days.... does this surprise you?? Not me! To say that I am a voracious reader that devours books is an understatement.......I have the fortune of being a very fast reader, one who can read very quickly, yet retains what I've read.
I also hardly ever read one book at a time; it has been my habit since childhood to be reading about three or four books at once.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to the library!

No comments: