WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Sunday, June 27, 2010

Crafty Things: 4th of July Flag Banner and Chalkboard Sign

A few days ago I posted a picture of a small project I completed (click HERE to read about my mini pedestal plate), which is just one of many small projects that have been hanging around in my craft room....waiting.....

I managed to find some time this weekend to finish two others that I had "in the works"!

I made this flag banner to hang from my china cabinet, which will be part of my 4th of July tablescape that I will be working on for next week's Tablescape Thursday. I bought  four of these flags from Michael's for 69 cents. I pulled the flags off their sticks and stapled them to a length of white ribbon.
For the top of each flag, I cut a strip of scrapbook paper that had many different stars n' stripes patterns on it and attached it to the top of each flag. I just used a couple staples once again. I thought about cutting each flag into a point, but I wanted to use pinking shears to make an interesting 'border' and I don't have pinking shears! I have some zig-zag scissors that are similar, that are used for scrapbooking and card making, but they aren't sharp enough to cut through fabric. :-(

I also finally made my chalkboard menu sign, using the silver metal tray I bought a couple weeks ago at Goodwill for $1.99. I masked the entire tray, except for the center, with painter's tape, and sprayed it with Valspar Chalkboard paint. I did several coats and let it dry for a full day before trying out writing on it with chalk.
I bought a pretty black-painted metal plate easel for $4 at JoAnn's so I can stand it up on a table, or on my kitchen counter. I also hot glued a ribbon loop with a bow on the back so it can be hung as well, from the handles on my china cabinet in the dining room, or on the sideboard.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

MrsReaux said...

I love the flag banner!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Katie... Cute flag banner... love the paper boarder... great touch:-)
Your chalkboard tray is fantastic!!! Love it!
Looking forward to your tablescape:-)
Bella