WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Tuesday, June 15, 2010

White Wednesday: Sewing Project; White Pillow Shams


Today I'll be joining Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday!

Some time ago I mentioned that I wanted to sew some Euro pillow shams to go with my "summer bedding"( click HERE to read that post). I did finally accomplish this project this weekend!
I already had the 26x26 size pillow inserts, so I just needed to make new shams. I chose this pretty white fabric with embroidered white flowers. I had initially picked out a beautiful white eyelet fabric that had ruffled bands of lace in a cross-hatch pattern, but when I saw the price per yard for it, I decided on something less expensive.
I made them with a simple envelope back; my usual design. I thought about adding a ruffle around them, but then decided I wanted them simple.
So pretty! I'm happy with how they turned out. I even have some fabric left that I can make something else with; perhaps napkins? Or a small boudoir pillow for the bed? Hmmmmm...

I also wanted to show this beautiful white cutwork embroidered tablecloth, which was a steal for $3 at Goodwill.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

9 comments:

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

They turned out great! I love whites. And what a great cutwork tablecloth from Goodwill! :-)

-Pam

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Lovely Bed and Shams! Turned out very nice. I just love to find something fabulous for almost nothing like your tablecloth. That would look terrific on your bed too!! Jacqueline

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Katie, You found some great fabric, I like them without ruffles it really lets the pretty fabric shine:-)
I love the bed in front of the window with the light shining on the white bedding.. Pretty!
Bella

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Hi- Thanks for stopping by. Your home sounds lovely. And your post reminded me that I left out a Goodwill find in my post - I too picked up some lovely white embroidered shams last week. Your blog graphics are too awesome - Im off to read more of your older posts.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

They look so fab and inviting!! What a great project!

Debbie said...

These are just beaufitul!! I use vintage table clothes to make pillows. They add such a "cottage" feel to our home.
Love your pics of your bed with all the pillows.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Diann said...

Oh, thses are just beautiful! I love them. I want them! LOL Great finds in the fabric!

Amanda at 32˙North said...

Hi Katie,

They came out great! Perfect for summertime - nice and bright fir sunny days.

Amanda

the old white house said...

Soooo pretty! Theresa