WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm With The Band..........

Ha....I love to say that. ;-)

I thought I'd post some pictures taken at some of Erik's band's recent shows. In case you haven't read any older posts, my hubby is currently in a 70s Classic Rock Tribute Band. Erik has been a musician most of his life; he began playing drums at a young age (about 12) and he has been in various bands since he was 15.
His current band is called Stoneship Eden; if you want to hear some sound bytes of their songs, you can visit their website at www.stoneshipeden.com. They are very proud of their big 70s vocal harmonies; and it's all done 'naturally' with no vocal recorders or enhancers, like so many "musicians" do these days.

They also wear vintage 70s (or 70s reproduction) clothing. It's really fun! I've had people ask me if I sing or do anything in the band. I do sing.....but not in public! I have never been able to sing in front of people.

Opening Day at Miller Park Stadium (Milwaukee Brewers game)

Toast for Hope Benefit for ALS at Hal's Harley-Davidson

There are actually seven people in the band; 5 guys and 2 gals. For many of their songs, they switch off doing lead vocals. Erik is the lead vocal in about 3 or 4 songs.





I do whatever I can to help out where I can; I help Erik load his drums for shows and I help tear them down at the end of shows (I'm his personal roadie!). I take pictures, video, I shop for vintage clothes for him (I even altered some pants to make bellbottoms!)and occasionally I run lights at the shows.

It's a lot of fun and something that we both enjoy doing.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Katie... Oh how fun! I bartended at a big bar with bands when I was twenty one.. I loved the 70's bands with the great light shows!
Bella

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

I forgot to ask... which songs does Eric sing?
Bella

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Let's see.....he sings leads on 'Mama Told Me Not to Come" by Three Dog Night, 'Long Cool Woman' by the Hollies, 'The Weight' by The Band, 'Old Man' by Neil Young, 'Funk 49' by The James Gang, 'Southern Cross' by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and I'm sure there's a couple other ones that I'm forgetting. ;-)

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

I knew I forgot one; 'Midnight Special' by CCR !!!
:-)