WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Thursday, June 24, 2010

Show & Tell Friday: Mini Pedestal Plate

Hello blog friends.....welcome to another Show and Tell Friday, graciously hosted once again by Cindy at My Romantic Home!

I always seem to have about three or four small projects going on at once, with probably another dozen larger projects that are always looming in the background. Somehow I never seem to get too much accomplished!

This was a small project that I did sort of on spur of the moment. I wanted to make a small pedestal to stack on top of my vintage Fenton hobnail milk glass cake pedestal.
Now I can use both to make a tiered server, or use them separately.
To make the mini pedestal, I used a milk glass plate from Goodwill and a small milk glass vase, also purchased at Goodwill. The vase was 49 cents, the plate was $1. I used Gorilla Glue to glue the vase to the bottom. Very cute, very simple....and very cheap! (My kind of project!!)

Thanks for joining me!

11 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Understanding exactly what you mean by getting too many projects going on at once. It takes up a lot of time and sometimes too much but at least you managed a few photos with your Fenton milkglass!

Sunny greetings from Georgia/USA

MariettesBacktoBasics

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Katie... Love your stacked tray! I am always trying to find a nice one... I may have to try this:-)
Bella

Debbie~ said...

I looove your little project, it turned out beautiful and I'm sure it will come in handy for some fun parties! I can just imagine some yummy cupcakes on it...How fun! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Katie, that is a nice and creatice idea. The little Pedestal Plate is really pretty and so versatile. ZThank you for sharing this little tutorial.
Greetings, Johanna

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, I like this! What a great idea. I see milk glass all the time. I could see it in a lot of different combos. Thanks!
Sherry

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Very pretty and with so many uses! I love white accents ~ everything seems to look great on white!

Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving your comment!

Kindly, ldh

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Katie,
Great job!! I have also been playing around with these type of projects!!

Debbie

Decor To Adore said...

Happy Friday! I am stopping by via the linky party.

Your tray looks utterly charming!

mo said...

What a great idea!!! Just from the picture on Cindy's site, I really thought it was an antique. One piece.

I collect vintage artglass and I thought it extremely unusual, but stunning.

You are a genius!!!

mo

Susan said...

Nice job on your pedastal plate. I would never have thought about using the milk glass in that way. How creative.

Donna said...

Hello,
I love your beautiful blog. Thanks for stopping by mine so I could find you. I'm signing up as a follower. :)
I love your vintage tablecloths.
Also loving your picnic basket, tablecloth, and cherry plates in your "Picnic in the Park" post.
D