WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Little Like Christmas...

A few Christmas-y things have appeared at Le Beau Paon Victorien over the last couple of days.......

I bought this Christmas pillow from Pottery Barn and it just arrived on Wednesday. I don't often buy things like this from Pottery Barn because I think a lot of their decor stuff is waaaaay overpriced and I can usually make something similar myself for a lot less money. But I fell in love with this bird decoupage pillow. It's really huge!
There was a red plaid pillow that I saw in the catalog that I liked too; but it was 'no longer available'. Maybe I'll sew my own red plaid pillow!
And this is the little project that I did for part of my outdoor holiday display, using those two oversized red ornaments that I bought last week on sale (click HERE for that post). The red flocked ribbon was one of the rolls I bought that same day for 50% off and the greenery too. I have two hooks on my front porch that in the summer months I use for hanging plants. I'm going to hang one of these guys on each hook.
The greenery came in a bunch with some pine cones, but I cut it all apart with my wire snips and then just hot glued the pieces I wanted in an arrangement that I thought was pretty. I saved the pine cones for another project. The ribbon is wired, so it will keep it's shape. The nice thing about faux Christmas greenery is that generally it's plastic, so it holds up pretty well in the outdoors. The ribbon probably will get somewhat faded after a few years, but that's okay. It's only tied onto the ball, so I can easily replace it with different ribbon if it starts to look bad.

Thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned for more Christmas decor to come!

1 comment:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie,

Those two oversized red ornaments look lovely the way you glued the faux green onto them!
Smart way of getting your things together, for looking at bargains.
The pillow really picks up your sitting area, the red amaryllis draws attention away from the black surroundings and it matches your sofa perfectly in that hue.
Love the bird as well.
Oh, by the way, your big profile picture is lovely; as if you're sitting there listening to your music... while we visit.

Have a great weekend!

Mariette's Back to Basics