WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Brass Peacock

Today I'm joining Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday! Be sure to check back to see all the other posters for this week.

I recently acquired this lovely brass peacock:
He's quite large and even with his tail folded, he's quite stunning.

It's possible there might have been a pair of them, but I only have one. Erik suggested he might come in handy as a door stop. I know I'll have lots of uses for him. He would make a great centerpiece on a table, I think!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie,

That is a stunning peacock! Does your name justice!

Greetings,

MariettesBacktoBasics

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Beautiful peacock. I don't think I have ever seen one in brass before. Thanks for sharing. ~~Sherry~~

LV said...

That is a very big peacock, Looks nice in the copper tones.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Haven't seen one of these in a while. But peacocks are all the rage again.

Coloradolady said...

Gosh, I think my mom had one like this at one time, I had forgotten all about it! Happy VTT!

Anna said...

That is a wonderful piece. It reminds me of something my parents had once, but I can't think what. TFS!