WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Thursday, February 25, 2010

Show & Tell Friday: The Guzzle Family

Sorry for the persistent glare from the ceiling fixture; I could not find an angle to take the picture where it wasn't on there! These are reproductions of paper dolls from the 18th century that I bought in Colonial Williamsburg in 2003, then assembled and framed. I had cut out all the clothes and accessories and their faces and legs etc and paste them all together. I love them; they are so cute!

Firstly there are Sampson Guzzle, "Dry Salter,  worth seventy thousand pound". And his wife, Sally Guzzle, who was "in her youth Esteem'd Pretty".

And their two sons. Timothy Guzzle, "Eldest son of the Sampson Guzzles" and "the would-be soldier" and then Dick Guzzle, who is merely "intended for business."

It took me a couple of years to find a frame that was the right size, but the Guzzle family now hangs in the parlor.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm linking this post to Cindy's My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

4 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

This is so entertaining! I bet it has become a focal point...brings up a lot of conversation. Wonderful.

I captured a bit of the Irish Lore today in my SHOW N TELL. Do stop by for a wee bit o' the Irish Luck if you can!

Ms. Bake-it said...

How interesting! I love it! I agree with Anni, I bet it is definitely a conversation piece!

Thank you for sharing it with us today!

~ Tracy

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

The paper dolls are beautifully illustrated & Great job on the framing! I always notice your wedding picture in the sidebar, and mean to tell you it is STUNNING, perfectly romantic! Bella

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Thank you!; that one is everyone's favorite of our wedding pictures! (Mine too)