WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday: A Wall of Lilacs

It's Wednesday (well it will be tomorrow!) and that means it's time for Outdoor Wednesday over at A Southern Daydreamer!

I took a couple of pictures in my yard today:
Pretty pink tulips....
Purple, yellow and white tulips....
Old-Fashioned Bleeding Hearts.......

But mostly I was taking pictures of someone else's yard.....this wall of lilacs, to be exact!

I would love this to be my front yard!!!

I could stand in front of this house all day smelling these lilacs.....
But, I'm certain the homeowners might notice me hanging around, smelling their stuff, so I don't stay long (only long enough to sneakily photograph their lilacs!)
My yard is sadly lilac-less. There were two dwarf lilacs in the yard when we bought our house. One of them was very sickly and the other was half-dead. I moved the one that was still pretty decent to another spot that seemed better suited for it, but after two years of growing nicely, it suddenly died mysteriously.

Thanks for joining me tonight! Be sure to visit all the other blog folks to view their Outdoor Wednesday submissions! I know I will!

9 comments:

Kathy Walker said...

I would love to have a Victorian! Lovely tulips and bleeding heart.

We had lilacs at our first home. I too loved the aroma and their beautiful flowers!!

Teena said...

your tulips are so pretty! you're so lucky! <3

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Katie... Lovely pink tulips! I love bleeding heart, such an elegant flower! Your spring must go very fast..? snowy days then lilacs! The lilacs are gorgeous & huge.
Bella

Maya said...

It would be very nice to have some lilacs -they look fantastic!!

From the Old InkWell said...

You have some beautiful flowers in your gardens!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Beautiful flowers!! I also love the bleeding heart. It is a delicate plant and my wonderful but goofy dog decided to trample it. I have one stalk remaining! :-( The lilacs are gorgeous!

LV said...

Both of the yards are very pretty. I love all the lovely flowers.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Katie,

Your tulips and bleeding hearts are gorgeous! The stone wall covered in lilacs is beautiful. I too would want to stand there inhaling the scent of all the lilacs!

~ Tracy

Fishtail Cottage said...

What a beautiful wall of lilacs....can't wait for summer! i love peeking at other garden photo's - you should come see me on my blog & link up to Cottage Flora thursdays..i'm looking for other bloggers that enjoy gardening as well! xoox