WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pretty in Pink for the "I Love My Favorite Kitchen Gadget Party"

Today I'll be joining up with Happier than a Pig In Mud for the "I Love My Favorite Kitchen Gadget Party".
Click HERE to join in, or just get a peek at everyone's favorite kitchen gadget!

                                                      ******** February 14th********

I consider myself a pretty fair cook and while I don't mind cooking, my real love is baking! So of course, my most favorite gadget in the kitchen is my Kitchen-Aid mixer! I had coveted other people's Kitchen-Aid mixers for years.


I have the Kitchen-Aid Artisan mixer in pink! I wanted the pink one the first time I saw it years ago in Boston Store. I was finally able to get one for myself when I got married in 2007. Several very nice friends gave us gift cards to Williams-Sonoma as wedding gifts, which enabled me to buy one finally! My dear darling husband later bought me the matching pink Kitchen-Aid hand mixer and for Christmas this year, I received a new attachment for my mixer ; the ice cream/sorbet maker! I can hardly wait for summer!


Pink, red and heart-themed dish towels, pot holders and even a pink cupcake spatula really add to the fun of whipping up some Valentine's Day treats.


My mixer really gets a work out around the holidays with all the baking that I do at that time of year, but it comes out frequently the rest of the year also. Just recently I made these lovely little cupcakes for my stamping club.


Last year I made sugar cookie cut outs....( they are Xs and Os, kissy lips and hearts!)

Thanks for visiting me! I hope you have a wonderfully sweet Valentine's Day!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm lovin' your pretty pink KA Katie! I'm sure it puts a smile on your face while baking and your cupcakes are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining the party and Happy Valentine's Day:@)

Denise said...

Golly, I've wanted one for YEARS! I'm having a hard time justifying it, as I don't bake an awful lot. But I still want one - mostly because it will fool people into thinking I work hard in the kitchen.

bj said...

OK...here I am, 73 yrs. old, been baking all my adult life and never have had a pink mixer....EVER! Sooo, this moves to the top of my BUCKET LIST. :)))
This is an awesome post..so cute. Come see me...
xo bj

bj said...

I am your newest follower..:)))

Carol said...

Love the pink mixer! Nice workout, love the cupcakes and the cookies! Happy Baking!

Unknown said...

Oh, a pretty pink mixer -- that could be the offspring of our his and hers models -- red + white = pink :)9

Blessings!
Gail

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The pink mixer is realy nice. When I bought mine there was only white and now....so many colours.
I'll have to check out the ice cream attachment.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I saw that pink mixer when it came out and I love pink! But I already had the white one (which I do love also), so no pink mixer for me! I am wondering what a stamping club does--do you share the stamps or create together? Sounds interesting! Linda

Anonymous said...

I don't know how often I have seen coordinated kitchen appliances, gadgets, utensils, towels AND food! I think this may be the first.

Happy Valentines Day!

Jacqueline said...

I love the pink one and if I hadn't found a purple one, I would have bought a pink one. It is so beautiful and feminine. I also saw a pink iron at Target a while ago! Love how gorgeous it looks for Valentine's day too. Come see my purple Kitchenaid!

Have a Happy Valentine's Day

Carol at Serendipity said...

The Kitchenaid is the best. I have red one here and a white one up north.

I love the cupcake holders. Did you make them with a Cricut?

I am a new follower.

Carol

Maggie said...

Hi Katie,
Lovely post for this special day gorgeous looking cupcakes, it seems to me that many of us love our KA mixers!

Kathleen said...

I love my KA too, but I share my hear with a DeLongi too!
If you have a friend who has a Cricut there is a cartridge to make the cupcake wrappers. My friend sent me some.
Hope you had a happy ♥ Day.

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

I love your pink Kitchen-Aid mixer! It's cool that they make applances in so many pretty colors these days. I am so jealous! Hope your Valentine's Day was a happy one!

-Pam