WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Sunday, February 20, 2011

Food: Blueberry Orange Bread Deliciousness!

It was a busy weekend at Le Beau Paon Victorien. The hubby's band had a show on Saturday night, so there's things to do to get ready for the show and the inevitable being up until 4 a.m.,breaking down equipment and hauling it home after the show. In preparation for a busy weekend, I cooked a number of meals during the week that would result in tons of leftovers for quick eating. I also was in a baking mood, so I decided to bake a loaf of Blueberry Orange bread on Saturday morning. It was a delicious treat with my morning coffee!



The recipe came from my grandmother's recipe box, which my grandfather just recently allowed the rest of the family to look through and take some of "Mother's" recipes for their own. My grandmother passed away in 1991 and even though I have many of the recipes she used in baking and cooking, this is one of the few that I have in her own writing from her personal recipe box.

I make this bread frequently to give away as gifts; everyone seems to really like it. It has a nice sweet glaze of orange rind, orange juice and honey that you spoon over the loaf when it's still hot from the oven.
I did post the recipe for this bread in the past and showed pictures of how I wrapped it to give away as a gift HERE and HERE.


Thanks for visiting me!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Tanya said...

What a fabulous start to a Sunday morning! LOVE that you received some of her recipes in her own handwriting. I had a great grandmother that was evidently a FABULOUS cook, but when she died, my grandfather dumped her recipe book in the stuff to go to the dump when she died (I know, shake your head like everyone else in the family did!). LOVE the music on this blog too, Katie - SO grand and beautiful! Thanks for the smiles!

Anonymous said...

The bread looks terrific. Your lovely cup, saucer and plate really set it off.
The recipe in your grandmother's writing is priceless.