WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Friday, February 4, 2011

New Pretties for the House

The hubby and I had to run to the mall yesterday to get a new converter box for our cable TV (the one we've had for about 3 years was malfunctioning) and of course, while we were there I had to stop in at Williams-Sonoma and drool over the All-Clad cookware (I am very slowly collecting pieces) and also pop into Pottery Barn.

I couldn't resist buying myself some new block-print napkins.....


I saw these napkins in their most recent catalog and I was enamored of them. When I saw them in person, I just had to have them!! There was no stopping myself from buying them.  I also had to have the snail napkin rings. Aren't they so adorable?


I bought six of the snail napkin rings; they are painted metal and quite heavy. I have a "thing" for snails. I could just picture them on a spring or summer table.

The colors and the patterns of the napkins are so lovely. I like that the set is similar in color and motif, but all of the napkins are different.



They are going to look so nice with my green dishes and also my plain off-white everyday dishes. They will probably even look nice with my blue and white transferware!

Oh my gosh............isn't that the cutest thing? Did I mention that I puffy heart snails?



Here's all six of them in a snail conga line..........  :-)
I have a stone snail in my garden outside, but right now he's sort of buried in the snow. I'm always on the look out for more snails for my gardens. I just think they are the cutest. Other favorite garden-like motifs of mine are bees, birds and nests.

I also wanted to show these pretty crystal icicle ornaments I bought a couple of weeks ago for next Christmas;  75% off!

They are quite heavy actually, but so pretty.


They look like they are dusted with snow! There was only five left of them, so I bought the last five they had. The store is a local shop that sells unique clothing, jewelry, home decor items and also lots of silk flowers,  faux greenery and supplies for crafting arrangements, bouquets, wreaths, topiaries etc. They have fun workshops there too and at Christmas they have dozens of beautifully decorated Christmas trees.

I also bought a pack of silver icicle ornaments; there were 40 in the box.

They are actually plastic, but sort of "scuffed" to look like the ever-popular mercury glass. I have a pretty Christmas project/display planned for next year for these icicles!

Thanks for stopping by!
I will be joining a new blog party, Feathered Nest Friday, hosted by Courtney at French Country Cottage!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Katie,
It looks like a great day shopping! love the snails, the conga line is way beyond cute:-))
Stay Warm!
Bella

victorian parlor II said...

What pretty things! Looks like it was a fun shopping trip. I really like the napkins-they look wonderful with the snails!

Blessings,

Kim

Heather said...

Those snail napkin rings are to die for! So cute. Now I am anxious to see your spring table! :)

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Absolutely adore your little snail napkin rings!! How cute! I can't wait to see your tablescapes with those darilngs! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Katie,
What great treasures you have shared with us today!! Love the napkin holders but you know that what made my heart pitter patter is the Christmas ornaments!! Can't wait to see what you do with them next Holiday season!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Pam Kessler said...

Cute snail rings. I'll have to pop in Pottery Barn and check out their napkins. I've been trying to stay out of there (because I buy something everytime I go), but those are pretty cute.