WELCOME!

Welcome to Le Beau Paon Victorien! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here you will find a variety of things that might interest you: food, books, house decor, crafty things, random thoughts, dishes, gardening and more!

Spend some time with us and happy reading!





Thursday, February 24, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Cornbread Pan

Today I'll be joining Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday with one of my fave vintage "thingies": an old cast iron corn bread pan!


I picked this one up a year or so ago at an antique store. I have seen them from time to time, usually they're pretty dirty or even rusty. This one was quite clean on the front. There were a few rusty spots on the backside, but I was able to remove the rust. It's very heavy cast iron. I feel like my wrist is breaking when I try to pull  it one-handed out of my baking cupboard. I just think it's so fun to make food shaped like things!




Aren't these corn sticks so cute?   ha ha.......
I made a Southestern Black Bean Salad the other night and decided to whip up some cornbread to go with it. Yum!

Thanks for visiting me!



Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother used to make her cornbread using one of those cast iron trays and she gave it to me!!
I love it and display it with my silver trays on top of my china cabinet...her cabinet with all her china and chrystal in it...woot,woot!
Mel's Cabin visited your party today. Hop on over and check out my posts about cabin life.

Postcardy said...

My mother had one of those too. I loved the cornbread she made in it.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

thanks for visiting me and your sweet comments. I am your newest follower. I have my grandmothers corn cake holders..darn they are hard to get the bread out of!

LV said...

I have had lots of cornbread made in a pan just like this. They are still around, but the one we had was vintage. Made the best bread ever.

Coloradolady said...

Love these pans. I used to have a old one, and when I was younger, did not have good luck with it....wish I still had it today. Happy VTT!

Heather said...

I have one of these that my mother-in-law gave me. It makes the best cornbread!

victorian parlor II said...

I have one of those and love the way the cornbread comes out looking like an ear of corn. Your right though, it's very heavy!

Blessings,

Kim

Pam Kessler said...

What a fun way to make cornbread. And since I like the crunchy part of the cornbread the best this would solve my problem of just eating the tops of the muffins.

The Charm of Home said...

I love those corn bread pans. They cook really well too. Your cornbread looks delicious!
Sherry